Athabasca Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Athabasca 57.3% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 8.7% of home owners in Athabasca spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 14.8% of the rented homes in Athabasca are subsidized and the remaining 85.2% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 18.5% of tenants in Athabasca spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage57.30%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home8.70%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers14.80%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs18.50%
comments powered by Disqus