Barrhead Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Barrhead 50.2% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 20.4% of home owners in Barrhead spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 13.6% of the rented homes in Barrhead are subsidized and the remaining 86.4% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 55.1% of tenants in Barrhead spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage50.20%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home20.40%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers13.60%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs55.10%
comments powered by Disqus