Blackfalds Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Blackfalds 83.9% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 27.3% of home owners in Blackfalds spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 7.6% of the rented homes in Blackfalds are subsidized and the remaining 92.4% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 30.3% of tenants in Blackfalds spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage83.90%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home27.30%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers7.60%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs30.30%
comments powered by Disqus