Brooks Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Brooks 66.9% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 17% of home owners in Brooks spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 17.1% of the rented homes in Brooks are subsidized and the remaining 82.9% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 32.2% of tenants in Brooks spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage66.90%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home17.00%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers17.10%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs32.20%
comments powered by Disqus