Canmore Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Canmore 61.2% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 24.7% of home owners in Canmore spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 8.6% of the rented homes in Canmore are subsidized and the remaining 91.4% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 29.1% of tenants in Canmore spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage61.20%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home24.70%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers8.60%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs29.10%
comments powered by Disqus