Cochrane Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Cochrane 69.3% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 18.6% of home owners in Cochrane spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 3.5% of the rented homes in Cochrane are subsidized and the remaining 96.5% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 40.0% of tenants in Cochrane spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage69.30%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home18.60%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers3.50%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs40.00%
comments powered by Disqus