Devon Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Devon 65.2% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 20.6% of home owners in Devon spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 8.9% of the rented homes in Devon are subsidized and the remaining 91.1% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 25.3% of tenants in Devon spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage65.20%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home20.60%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers8.90%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs25.30%
comments powered by Disqus