Drumheller Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Drumheller 58% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 23.1% of home owners in Drumheller spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 13.3% of the rented homes in Drumheller are subsidized and the remaining 86.7% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 26.8% of tenants in Drumheller spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage58.00%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home23.10%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers13.30%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs26.80%
comments powered by Disqus