Edson Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Edson 62% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 13.3% of home owners in Edson spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 16.2% of the rented homes in Edson are subsidized and the remaining 83.8% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 28.7% of tenants in Edson spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage62.00%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home13.30%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers16.20%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs28.70%
comments powered by Disqus