Elk Point Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Elk Point 55.9% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 13.7% of home owners in Elk Point spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 23.1% of the rented homes in Elk Point are subsidized and the remaining 76.9% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 44% of tenants in Elk Point spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage55.90%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home13.70%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers23.10%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs44.00%
comments powered by Disqus