High River Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In High River 58.3% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 22.1% of home owners in High River spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 6.9% of the rented homes in High River are subsidized and the remaining 93.1% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 39.9% of tenants in High River spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage58.30%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home22.10%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers6.90%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs39.90%
comments powered by Disqus