Hinton Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Hinton 69.1% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 13.2% of home owners in Hinton spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 16.9% of the rented homes in Hinton are subsidized and the remaining 83.1% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 35.5% of tenants in Hinton spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage69.10%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home13.20%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers16.90%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs35.50%
comments powered by Disqus