Nanaimo Visible Minorities


In Nanaimo the population is made up of 7.29% visible minorities. The other 92.71% of the Nanaimo population are Not visible minorities. The most predominant visible minority in Nanaimo is South Asian which accounts for 28.98% of the visible minority population and 1.90% of the total population. The Chinese visible minority accounts for 27.33% of the visible minority population and 1.80% of the entire Nanaimo population. The Southeast Asian visible minority accounts for 9.83% of the visible minority population and 0.65% of the entire Nanaimo population. The Filipino visible minority accounts for 7.92% of the visible minority population and 0.52% of the entire Nanaimo population. The Japanese visible minority accounts for 7.14% of the visible minority population and 0.47% of the entire Nanaimo population. The Black visible minority accounts for 5.57% of the visible minority population and 0.37% of the entire Nanaimo population. The Korean visible minority accounts for 4.18% of the visible minority population and 0.27% of the entire Nanaimo population. The Latin American visible minority accounts for 3.74% of the visible minority population and 0.25% of the entire Nanaimo population. The Multiple visible minorities visible minority accounts for 1.83% of the visible minority population and 0.12% of the entire Nanaimo population. The Visible minority, n.i.e. visible minority accounts for 1.57% of the visible minority population and 0.10% of the entire Nanaimo population. The West Asian visible minority accounts for 1.04% of the visible minority population and 0.07% of the entire Nanaimo population. The Arab visible minority accounts for 0.87% of the visible minority population and 0.06% of the entire Nanaimo population.

StatisticPercentage
South Asian28.98 %
Chinese27.33 %
Southeast Asian9.83 %
Filipino7.92 %
Japanese7.14 %
Black5.57 %
Korean4.18 %
Latin American3.74 %
Multiple visible minorities1.83 %
Visible minority, n.i.e.1.57 %
West Asian1.04 %
Arab0.87 %
comments powered by Disqus