Okotoks Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Okotoks 75% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 19.7% of home owners in Okotoks spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 10.3% of the rented homes in Okotoks are subsidized and the remaining 89.7% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 35.5% of tenants in Okotoks spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage75.00%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home19.70%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers10.30%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs35.50%
comments powered by Disqus