Peace River Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Peace River 65.5% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 12.1% of home owners in Peace River spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 10.8% of the rented homes in Peace River are subsidized and the remaining 89.2% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 35.8% of tenants in Peace River spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage65.50%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home12.10%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers10.80%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs35.80%
comments powered by Disqus