Ponoka Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Ponoka 57.4% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 14.8% of home owners in Ponoka spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 10.3% of the rented homes in Ponoka are subsidized and the remaining 89.7% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 48.7% of tenants in Ponoka spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage57.40%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home14.80%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers10.30%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs48.70%
comments powered by Disqus