Smoky Lake Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Smoky Lake 50% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 20.6% of home owners in Smoky Lake spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 21.4% of the rented homes in Smoky Lake are subsidized and the remaining 78.6% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 64.3% of tenants in Smoky Lake spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage50.00%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home20.60%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers21.40%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs64.30%
comments powered by Disqus