Saint Paul Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Saint Paul 56.7% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 15.7% of home owners in Saint Paul spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 23.1% of the rented homes in Saint Paul are subsidized and the remaining 76.9% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 52.2% of tenants in Saint Paul spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage56.70%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home15.70%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers23.10%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs52.20%
comments powered by Disqus