Strathmore Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Strathmore 75% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 21.5% of home owners in Strathmore spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 10.6% of the rented homes in Strathmore are subsidized and the remaining 89.4% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 52.4% of tenants in Strathmore spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage75.00%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home21.50%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers10.60%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs52.40%
comments powered by Disqus