Sylvan Lake Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Sylvan Lake 75.7% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 20.8% of home owners in Sylvan Lake spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 2.9% of the rented homes in Sylvan Lake are subsidized and the remaining 97.1% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 35.3% of tenants in Sylvan Lake spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage75.70%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home20.80%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers2.90%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs35.30%
comments powered by Disqus