Taber Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Taber 61.8% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 17.3% of home owners in Taber spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 31.4% of the rented homes in Taber are subsidized and the remaining 68.6% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 31.4% of tenants in Taber spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage61.80%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home17.30%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers31.40%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs31.40%
comments powered by Disqus