Vermilion Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Vermilion 53.5% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 16.4% of home owners in Vermilion spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 12.8% of the rented homes in Vermilion are subsidized and the remaining 87.2% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 44.9% of tenants in Vermilion spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage53.50%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home16.40%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers12.80%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs44.90%
comments powered by Disqus