Wetaskiwin Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Wetaskiwin 58.9% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 19.6% of home owners in Wetaskiwin spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 18.8% of the rented homes in Wetaskiwin are subsidized and the remaining 81.2% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 48% of tenants in Wetaskiwin spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage58.90%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home19.60%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers18.80%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs48.00%
comments powered by Disqus